zfn
jkvfbvjndfbvjbf dv
jvkdfv ,jxndv ,fjxj


Sunday, May 22, 2011

Stencils for Mexico

I have a huge love for making stencils--they're quick, easy, affordable and have that distinct handmade look. I find them really useful for one-off signage, perfect for events. A couple of weeks ago we made these for a client who just got married in Tulum, Mexico. The ladies over at AE looped me into the project and they will eventually post pics on their blog. In the meantime, I thought it would be fun to share our process in making their wedding-day signage.

This was a joint effort between me and the girls: I designed them, Lauren cut the stencils out (I think this was her last task before leaving the shop--thanks Lauren!), and Camille spray painted.

Here's a look at one of the stencils.





















Lauren made these little pocket monsters from the cut-out shapes which we ended up keeping. They were just too cute to throw away.



Here are the signs in hot pink on grey poster board, and there were others in a complimentary cyan color. Yes, I have the same name as the bride ;)


















Camille used these rocks from our planter box as paper weights when spray painting and ended up with these beautiful little accidents. We kept these around too :) I love that this project left us little keepsakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment