zfn
jkvfbvjndfbvjbf dv
jvkdfv ,jxndv ,fjxj


Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Design + Print: Kristen & Erik invite
















Fun and sweet invites to match equally sweet and adorable friend of mine, Kristen and her fiancé Erik! She stopped by my shop over a year ago to introduce herself when they used to live closeby in Berkeley. They've recently relocated to the eastcoast and before she left a couple of months ago, we agreed to work together on her wedding invites.



Kristen and I got to know each other when she spent some time interning at the shop last year. Besides being super organized, she is also great at crafting and has quite a creative streak. She's putting these skills to use by planning her own wedding, and seems to be loving every minute of it. She gave me a couple of sketches she made as possible ideas for the invite and I absolutely loved them and decided to use one of them as a backdrop!

Here's the original drawing:












Once I got this from her and after talking through some ideas, I created an inspiration board to keep all our thoughts in one place:



































I brought in Diva's beautiful calligraphy (of Linea-Carta) to complete the look.
























The mad-lib portion on the bottom of the rsvp card was another fun, personal touch :) I really love when the couple's personality shows through on the design. It makes the process more enjoyable and the result that much more unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment