zfn
jkvfbvjndfbvjbf dv
jvkdfv ,jxndv ,fjxj


Thursday, April 22, 2010

Press transport

For those of you who ever wondered how I got my presses into the shop since they weigh a ton (literally!) here are some pics from the move. As you can see, all you need is a flatbed, a forklift, and a few strong men named Captain Hook and the Hicks Brothers...


Here's my C&P in it's original home, at the shop of Regis Graden, a well established printer who owned it for many many years. I was lucky enough to buy this press from him, he was well loved and mentored many aspiring printers. Regis passed away in 2005 a few months after I bought this press, so I named it after him.










































































Again, luck was on my side and I was able to acquire this Vandercook from another amazing printer and artist, Patricia Curtain, who moved studios and was looking for a home for this press. So I snatched it up!







1 comment:

  1. That forklift shot looks pretty scary- I'm sure you were on pins and needles until it was safely in its new home!

    ReplyDelete