zfn
jkvfbvjndfbvjbf dv
jvkdfv ,jxndv ,fjxj


Saturday, January 2, 2010

New year, new decade

This was quite a coincidence. Before I left for work, I posted this on my twitter, "Off to do some printing today! make some tea, play some music, mix some inks, run the press, hang out at the shop...Workday=Playday"

When I got to the shop, I opened my mail and this wonderful card greeted me:
























It was sent by Angie & Mark Fox from design is play--how appropriate is that? I couldn't have said it better myself. I find that I'm one of the lucky ones out there who truly, truly loves what I do for a living. How did I get here?

Ironically enough, I have to credit Mark for introducing me to my mentor, David Goines and to the art of letterpress printing. He was one of my graphic design instructors at CCA and thought it would benefit me to apprentice with an artist & printer like David as opposed to interning at a design firm for a semester. That was quite an understatement since his advice changed my life in the best possible way. So it came full-circle today, with this beautifully type-set card. Design, for me, does equal play :) Life is too short to not love what you do. Happy 2010...


1 comment:

  1. what a great way to put it. :) i am so happy that mark sent you to goines, and that goines sent you to me, and that we are now friends. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete