zfn
jkvfbvjndfbvjbf dv
jvkdfv ,jxndv ,fjxj


Friday, July 17, 2009

A little bit of Hollywood

I attended a fun event yesterday, Jade Studio's grand opening at Treasure Island. I wasn't sure what it was at first, I heard about it from Jen Skog, then after looking into it, I realized that I knew two people who were involved with the project--Anna Ji and Michelle of jux•ta•pose-- so I thought it would be a great event to attend and support some friends.

It's an interesting concept, one warehouse split into various rooms, each with a different theme. Walking through the space made me feel like I was in a sound stage full of sets from a movie. Anna helped build the environments and it's pretty amazing how much work they put into it--the construction, propping, finishing--it's exhausting to think about! But a job well done :)

This was the Havana Couryard room:
























I can't believe they made this from scratch! This is a detail of a tree from their Enchanted Forest room:



















More pics can be seen on my flickr here. I wish I took more photos but the event got crowded pretty quickly!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's like making forts as kids, but on a grown-up scale!

    ReplyDelete