zfn
jkvfbvjndfbvjbf dv
jvkdfv ,jxndv ,fjxj


Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Chalk it Up

I've always loved chalkboard signage--the ones found in restaurants, bars, coffee shops, bakeries...similar to these I found on littlebrownpen, a great blog for anyone in love with the city of paris. Maybe it's the contrast of the white chalk on the blackboard, or it's ephemeral quality--knowing that the content can change any day. Not to mention the handwriting, always so lovely and in that not-so-perfect way :)


















Here's another one I found at a Boston neighborhood bar called Audubon Circle.





















And another with a delicate frame around it from my local Berkeley Paper-Source.




















I recently collaborated with Suzie of Twig and Fig on some wedding invitations for their current portfolio. I was very excited when she asked me, I'm a huge fan of their work! Knowing that I had no limitations on concept, I've always wanted to play with the chalkboard idea to see if it would translate well to an invitation. Needless to say, I was stunned when I saw the final outcome--it was truly gorgeous and one of my favorites in their '09 wedding collection. There was recent post on DesignSponge as well about the invite, so it seems that I'm not the only one obsessed with this look :)


No comments:

Post a Comment